Greetings fellow Collaborative Professionals!
I am the current chair for the Collaborative Law Section of the State Bar of Texas. Welcome to the 2022-2023 bar year!
We have a great year planned! My goal for the 2022-2023 bar year is to spread the word about Collaborative Law through the section’s programs planned for this year. Below are some highlights of what to expect this year:
- Innovations Team – we are continuing the Innovations Team program, which was created in 2020. The Innovations Team’s purpose is to enhance the Collaborative Law/ADR models, so the process is more accessible to the public and provides other options to the professionals.
- Speaker’s Bureau – we are working to resurrect and update the Speaker’s Bureau program. We will focus on educating other bar associations, State Bar sections, and law students about Collaborative Law.
- Webinars – we are planning to host at least two CLE webinars year. Attendance is free to our members, so keep your eyes open for more details.
- Annual Meeting – CLE Program and Section Meeting – we will once again host a CLE program at the State Bar of Texas Annual Meeting, which will take place June 22 and 23 at the JW Marriott in Austin, in conjunction with our Annual Section Meeting.
- Observer List – we intend to create a list of individuals who are interested in observing collaboratives cases and taking minutes for those cases, and a comparable list of attorneys who are willing (with consent from the parties) to allow observers for their respective cases.
We are always looking for volunteers to help with the various programs planned for this year. Please contact me if you are interested in volunteering.
This will be a great year to be a Collaborative Section member! I look forward to seeing you at our upcoming programs.
Chris Farish, Chair
Collaborative Law Section
State Bar of Texas