Greetings fellow Collaborative Professionals!
I am the current chair for the Collaborative Law Section of the State Bar of Texas. Welcome to the 2021-2022 bar year!
We have a great year planned! My goal for the 2021-2022 bar year is to spread the word about Collaborative Law through the section’s programs planned for this year. Below are some highlights of what to expect this year:
- Innovations Team – we are continuing the Innovations Team program, which was created last year. The Innovations Team’s purpose is to enhance the Collaborative Law/ADR models, so the process is more accessible to the public and provides other options to the professionals.
- Speaker’s Bureau – we are resurrecting and updating a program created many years ago that has been dormant. The Speaker’s Bureau will focus on educating other bar associations and sections and law students about collaborative law.
- Webinars – we have two great CLE webinars planned for this year. Attendance is free to our members.
- Annual CLE Program – the annual program, which will take place in June, will focus on improving collaborative skills.
- Observer List – we intend to create a list of individuals who are interested in observing collaboratives cases and taking minutes for those cases, and a comparable list of attorneys who are willing (with consent from the parties) to allow observers for their respective cases.
We are always looking for volunteers to help with the various programs planned for this year. Please contact me if you are interested in volunteering.
This will be a great year to be a Collaborative Section member! I look forward to seeing you at our upcoming programs.
Jill Lowe, Chair
Collaborative Law Section
State Bar of Texas